How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls?
These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are made with rib eye steak, onions, peppers and provolone cheese, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The ultimate appetizer or game day snack!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 pound boneless rib eye steak sliced or coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- oil for frying
- ranch for dipping optional
- Melt half of the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the other half of the butter and add the rib eye to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
- Place the peppers and onions back into the pan with the steak.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper and place 1/2 of a slice of cheese in the center.
- Spoon approximately 2-3 tablespoons of steak filling onto each egg roll wrapper and fold according to package directions, using water to seal the edges of the wrappers as you go.
- Pour 2-3 inches of oil into a deep pan. Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry 3-4 egg rolls at a time, turning occasionally, until browned all over, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
- If you prefer to bake your egg rolls, you can coat them with cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 158mg | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.2mg